[oe] opkg: How to make package signal reboot required?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 2 11:02:33 UTC 2013

Hi Bryan,

On Thursday 01 August 2013 08:27:32 Bryan Evenson wrote:
> Thanks for the replies.  If there is nothing standard in place at the
> moment, then I'm planning on setting things up on my end to follow the
> standard (from what I can tell) Debian practice.  In my pkg_postinst, I'm
> going to add the lines:
>
> #!/bin/sh -e
> if test "x$D" = "x"; then
>     touch /var/run/reboot-required
>     cat ${PN} >> /var/run/reboot-required.pkgs
> fi
>
> Then in my script that does the firmware upgrade, I'll check for the
> existence of /var/run/reboot-required to determine whether the system needs
> to be rebooted.
>
> If anything can be done to add the above (or something similar) to the
> pkg_postinst by setting a flag in the Bitbake recipe, I'm all for it.  I'm
> not quite sure which piece would be responsible for such action (oe-core?
> Bitbake? Something else?).  If someone could suggest the proper place, I'd
> happily submit a request on the proper bug tracker.

Since this is something that would be implemented in OE-Core the best place
for this would be the Yocto Project bugzilla which tracks bugs/enhancements
for that:

https://bugzilla.yoctoproject.org/

If you could file it under Runtime -> Package Management Issues ->
package-management-Issues and mark it as "enhancement" in the severity column
that would be great.

Cheers,
Paul

--