[oe] opkg: How to make package signal reboot required?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 2 11:05:18 UTC 2013

On Thursday 01 August 2013 12:32:52 Martin Jansa wrote:
> I don't know about the feature to do the reboot, but we were using extra
> metadata flags for .ipk to mark packages which need the reboot (so that
> package manager can query updated packages and decide if it's needed).
>
> See
> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/39181/
> http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/39183/
>
> I don't know why this wasn't ever merged in oe-core
> http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-core/2012-November/031856.
> html doesn't have any negative review AFAIK.

I recall seeing these, I'm not sure why they weren't accepted either, but it
might have had something to do with wanting more specific feature
implementation(s) rather than a generic way to pass anything through to the
package manager. The best thing would probably be to ask Richard directly when
he returns.

Cheers,
Paul

--