[oe] [OE-core] State of bitbake world

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Jun 20 09:39:13 UTC 2013

On 20 June 2013 03:28, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:

>> luajit is rather a strange error, HOST_CC can't find <sys/types.h> or
>> some other common headers.
>
> hmmm luajit does not fail here for beaglebone/qemuarm so not much I can help.

I'll throw a qemuarm build on today and see whether this is an issue
with my build host or not.

>> mplayer2 is failing to find <mad.h>, this needs the same sort of fix I
>> made to vlc (http://git.openembedded.org/meta-openembedded/commit/?id=3d6369b7c39d78b0d424dbe5a97e736b694e3c48).
>>
>> Full logs, conf files, etc: http://www.paulbarker.me.uk/yocto/20130617_poky/
>>

> I think missing dependencies. Best is to turn this into PACKAGECONFIG

The dependencies are enabled if ENTERPRISE_DISTRO=0 but I'm building
with it set to 1. However mplayer2 is still looking for them, much
like vlc did.

I could remove the ENTERPRISE_DISTRO logic and replace it all with
PACKAGECONFIG options but it would lead to a "Nothing PROVIDES" error
if a PACKAGECONFIG option was set for a dependency which isn't built
when ENTERPRISE_DISTRO=1. The error message doesn't even mention
ENTERPRISE_DISTRO so it may be confusing for a user.

Perhaps I could write a python function to check the combination and
issue a better error if the combination is unbuildable. Is there any
way to get such a function to run during recipe parsing and be able to
produce output before the "Nothing PROVIDES" error?

Thanks,

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk