[oe] cherokee wrong SRC_URI (was Dylan backports)

Javier Viguera javier.viguera at digi.com
Thu Nov 7 16:02:25 UTC 2013

Hi Eric,

On 07/11/13 16:14, Eric Bénard wrote:
> that's now pushed, thanks for the reminder.
>
> Eric

Well I should have probably checked that the mirror was still working
before sending my e-mail but you know ... Murphy's law.

The thing is that for cherokee the mirror I used to download the package
from has removed it since i sent the patch a couple of months ago.

I'm sorry to have pushed you to merge the patches. Anyway from
meta-openembedded point of view the status has *not* gone any worse. It
was not working before (with old cherokee url) and it's not working now
as well.

I've found a couple of sites with the original package (same md5sum and
sha256sum):

<ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/internet/cherokee/1.2/1.2.98/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz>
<ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/cherokee/1.2/1.2.98/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz>

but at this moment I'm not sure whether it's worth to keep changing the
SRC_URI time and time again.

Probably the way to go is to revert my patch leaving the original
cherokee as a reference and include the package in any of the
yoctoproject mirrors.

By the way the recipe is now broken not only in Dylan, but also in
*Dora* and *master*.

Comments?

-
Javier Viguera