[oe] cherokee wrong SRC_URI (was Dylan backports)

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Nov 7 16:45:53 UTC 2013

On Thursday 07 November 2013 17:02:25 Javier Viguera wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> On 07/11/13 16:14, Eric Bénard wrote:
> > that's now pushed, thanks for the reminder.
> >
> > Eric
>
> Well I should have probably checked that the mirror was still working
> before sending my e-mail but you know ... Murphy's law.
>
> The thing is that for cherokee the mirror I used to download the package
> from has removed it since i sent the patch a couple of months ago.
>
> I'm sorry to have pushed you to merge the patches. Anyway from
> meta-openembedded point of view the status has *not* gone any worse. It
> was not working before (with old cherokee url) and it's not working now
> as well.
>
> I've found a couple of sites with the original package (same md5sum and
> sha256sum):
>
> <ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/internet/cherokee/1.2/1.2.98/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz>
> <ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/mirrors/cherokee/1.2/1.2.98/cherokee-1.2.98.tar.gz>
>
> but at this moment I'm not sure whether it's worth to keep changing the
> SRC_URI time and time again.
>
> Probably the way to go is to revert my patch leaving the original
> cherokee as a reference and include the package in any of the
> yoctoproject mirrors.
>
> By the way the recipe is now broken not only in Dylan, but also in
> *Dora* and *master*.
>
> Comments?

1) Let's get the file added to the OE source mirror, that will at least stop
failures for all branches. Tom, could you please add the file from one of the
above URLs to our source mirror?

2) Longer term the recipe should just be upgraded; last I checked we've fallen
quite far behind the current version. Javier, if you're relying on Cherokee is
that something you'd be prepared to do?

Cheers,
Paul

--