[oe] cherokee wrong SRC_URI (was Dylan backports)

Javier Viguera javier.viguera at digi.com
Thu Nov 7 17:12:46 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

On 07/11/13 17:45, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> 2) Longer term the recipe should just be upgraded; last I checked we've fallen
> quite far behind the current version. Javier, if you're relying on Cherokee is
> that something you'd be prepared to do?

The problem is not the version, the problem is the main cherokee project
uses those github autogenerated-from-tags tarballs. See:

<http://cherokee-project.com/downloads.html>

Some examples:

<https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/archive/v1.2.103.zip>
<https://github.com/cherokee/webserver/archive/v1.2.98.zip>

And as far as i know in this case we cannot rely the checksums remain
stable.

Anyway at this moment I'm stuck on Dylan working on a BSP layer, so I
don't have the time to play with other branches, sorry.

My preference at this moment would be to integrate the patch from Eric
with the German mirror (once fixed in version 3) in all the branches and
at the same time keep a copy of the tarball in one of the yoctoproject
source mirrors.

-
Javier Viguera
Software Engineer