[oe] ruby-native problem (on dylan)

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 13:22:50 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 04, 2013 at 01:57:06PM +0200, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Try to add this in qtwebkit.inc:
> >
> > # make sure rb files are used from sysroot, not from host
> > # ruby-1.9.3-always-use-i386.patch is doing target_cpu=`echo $target_cpu | sed s/i.86/i386/`
> > # we need to replace it too (a bit longer version without importing re)
> > RUBY_SYS = "${@ '${BUILD_SYS}'.replace('i486', 'i386').replace('i586', 'i386').replace('i686', 'i386') }"
> > export RUBYLIB="${STAGING_DATADIR_NATIVE}/rubygems:${STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE}/ruby:${STAGING_LIBDIR_NATIVE}/ruby/${RUBY_SYS}"
> >
> > if you can confirm it works for you I'll push it to meta-qt5.
>
> yes, it is working fine with this change.
>
> however, don't you think that this is just a workaround? the real
> issue being that ruby has hard coded paths?

qmake also has hard coded paths inside and we depend on qt.conf
overrides to set correct paths when building on host with different
paths to sysroot.

I think that only better solution is to patch ruby/qmake to remove the
support for "default" paths hard coded in binary and to always show an
error when correct paths aren't supplied by env variable or some cmdline
param.

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com