[oe] ruby-native problem (on dylan)

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Fri Oct 4 13:26:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> qmake also has hard coded paths inside and we depend on qt.conf
> overrides to set correct paths when building on host with different
> paths to sysroot.

well, gcc too in fact, since it has hardcoded sysroot ...

> I think that only better solution is to patch ruby/qmake to remove the
> support for "default" paths hard coded in binary and to always show an
> error when correct paths aren't supplied by env variable or some cmdline
> param.

i think that's what --enable-load-relative does in ruby ./configure.

i wonder what happens on ruby on the target then. i guess the standard
/usr/lib/xxx might be used by default.. but i haven't tried that.

can you make a similar patch on the dylan branch too?