[oe] [OE-core] Invitation: OpenEmbedded public TSC/workgroup meeting

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Tue Sep 10 11:13:12 UTC 2013

On 5 September 2013 19:52, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Please join the OpenEmbedded TSC (Technical Steering Committee) this coming
> Tuesday for a public IRC meeting to discuss ongoing community technical work.
>
> As you may be aware, the role of the OpenEmbedded TSC is currently evolving to
> focus our efforts on setting technical direction and resolving conflicts (should
> they arise), instead of spearheading specific technical contributions. While
> each of us expects to continue to be involved in technical contributions, we
> want to reach out to the OpenEmbedded community and work to establish a better
> way for work to be done. The plan is to hold these public meetings on a
> monthly basis and reduce separate TSC meetings to quarterly or as-needed.
>
> Time: Tuesday September 10th at 16:00 GMT (9am PDT, 11am CDT, 12 EDT, 18:00
> CEST, 17:00 BST)
> Where: Freenode IRC, channel #oe
>
> The goal of this meeting is to continue to discuss outstanding tasks, discuss
> and collect any new tasks or issues, and establish one or more task-
> force/working group/etc in order to accomplish the tasks.
>
> While we are still working on a more formal agenda, we expect to cover topics
> such as:
>
> * SPDX integration, other licensing issues
> * janitor tasks (general cleanup/maintenance activities)

I'm unsure if I'll have internet access around this time as I'm
travelling today. Incase I can't make it, I briefly want to say that
we should set up a wiki page for non-urgent janitor tasks and try to
make a list of those tasks which we think could easily be handled by a
new contributor to OE/Yocto. That would hopefully make it easier for
people to learn the ropes and get involved. If this sort of thing
already exists then I've obviously missed it.

I assume that an IRC log will be posted after the meeting, is that correct?

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk