[oe] [OE-core] Invitation: OpenEmbedded public TSC/workgroup meeting

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Tue Sep 10 13:16:50 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,

On Tuesday 10 September 2013 12:13:12 Paul Barker wrote:
> On 5 September 2013 19:52, Paul Eggleton <paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com>
> wrote:
> > Please join the OpenEmbedded TSC (Technical Steering Committee) this
> > coming Tuesday for a public IRC meeting to discuss ongoing community
> > technical work.
> >
> > As you may be aware, the role of the OpenEmbedded TSC is currently
> > evolving to focus our efforts on setting technical direction and
> > resolving conflicts (should they arise), instead of spearheading specific
> > technical contributions. While each of us expects to continue to be
> > involved in technical contributions, we want to reach out to the
> > OpenEmbedded community and work to establish a better way for work to be
> > done. The plan is to hold these public meetings on a monthly basis and
> > reduce separate TSC meetings to quarterly or as-needed.
> >
> > Time: Tuesday September 10th at 16:00 GMT (9am PDT, 11am CDT, 12 EDT,
> > 18:00
> > CEST, 17:00 BST)
> > Where: Freenode IRC, channel #oe
> >
> > The goal of this meeting is to continue to discuss outstanding tasks,
> > discuss and collect any new tasks or issues, and establish one or more
> > task- force/working group/etc in order to accomplish the tasks.
> >
> > While we are still working on a more formal agenda, we expect to cover
> > topics such as:
> >
> > * SPDX integration, other licensing issues
> > * janitor tasks (general cleanup/maintenance activities)
>
> I'm unsure if I'll have internet access around this time as I'm
> travelling today. Incase I can't make it, I briefly want to say that
> we should set up a wiki page for non-urgent janitor tasks and try to
> make a list of those tasks which we think could easily be handled by a
> new contributor to OE/Yocto. That would hopefully make it easier for
> people to learn the ropes and get involved.

Absolutely. Between OE and the Yocto Project we do have a couple of wiki
pages:

http://www.openembedded.org/wiki/OpenEmbeddedJanitors
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Janitors

We need to work on getting this information into one place though and turning
it into a reasonable list with pointers on how people can get started.

> I assume that an IRC log will be posted after the meeting, is that correct?

That's correct.

Cheers,
Paul

--