[oe] using deb as source while building image.

Lukas Bulwahn lukas.bulwahn at oss.bmw-carit.de
Tue Sep 17 05:00:53 UTC 2013

On 09/16/2013 02:32 PM, Anup Kini wrote:
> I am trying to understand how deb packages can be used to build the image.
> Since, i need to install a few pre-built application.
> let me know if you have any pointers on how to proceed with this.

If you have the source code available, I believe it is much easier to
write a proper recipe than to use a prebuilt binary, which you do not
know the exact compiler flags, which libraries you need to dynamically
link to, etc.

However, maybe someone on the mailing list has already some experience
trying to integrate prebuilt binaries into the images.

Lukas