[oe] What is the relationship between Open Embedded for MSM and Yocto Project?

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Apr 16 12:02:25 UTC 2014

On 04/16/2014 02:49 AM, Journeyer J. Joh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First of all I thank Nicolas Dechesne and Brian Hutchinson, for the
> previous kind replies.
>
> While I was reading documents from Yocto Project, I found my source code in
> use in my company is of Open Embedded for MSM.
>
> I found this from the git remote url of my surce code. It is
>   git://codeaurora.org/quic/le/openembedded/openembedded-core
>
> And the one of Yocto project is
>   git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
>
>>From the git log prints poky is actively developped now but
> openembedded-core is not.
>
> In a nutshell(I learned this expression today^^),
> - What is the relationship between those two? Any differences? Commons?
> - Can I refer to the documents about poky for my openembedded-core?

OpenEmbedded is the build system and has been actively developed since
2004 or so (give or take a few years)

Poky is the reference distribution from the Yocto Project.

The Yocto Project is working to make embedded development easier.

You should check the OpenEmbedded git server for activity;

http://cgit.openembedded.org/openembedded-core/

I'm guessing (without looking) the codeaurora git is based of a release
bench.

Philip