[oe] [boost]How can I include boost into the built image?

Journeyer J. Joh oosaprogrammer at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 07:38:25 UTC 2014

Hello list!

I'd like to enable (or include) boost, the C++ library, into my binary
image.
Could someone help me find how to do it?

I found a .bb file and an .inc file under oe-core/meta/recipes-support/boost
And the last git log under oe-core directory shows below :

* 24b9542 - (1 year, 8 months ago) xserver-xorg: restore packaging for the
DRI/DRI2/DBE extensions - Ross Burton (caf/oe/master)

I use qualcomms MDM 9x15 environment.
But I will handle MDM9x25, MDM9x35, ... This means I will handle up-to date
oe-core soon. So If you could guide me for those up-to-date. It would be
wellcome!

I found a mention about recipes-support from yocto reference manual :

6.3.21. meta/recipes-support/

This directory contains recipes used by other recipes, but that are not
directly included in images (i.e. dependencies of other recipes).

And I didn't find how I can enable boost...

How am I supposed to do this?

Thank you very much in advance!

Additional questions... :
Can I include python? I found mentions about python from boost .bb file or
boost .inc file.
What about sqlite, even any web server?

Journeyer
Journeyer J. Joh