[oe] [boost]How can I develop a daemon which depends on boost?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Aug 1 09:37:41 UTC 2014

Hi Journeyer,

On Friday 01 August 2014 16:55:24 Journeyer J. Joh wrote:
> I just submitted a question about how to include boost. Now I'd like to ask
> another question - How can I develop a daemon which depends on boost?
>
> I believe firstly, I need to make boost be included into my binary image.
> Secondly I believe that I need to develop a daemon which compiles with
> boost library. Then how can I compile this daemon with boost library? The
> boost library doesn't exist when the compile is executed.

This would be a build dependency, so simply add boost to DEPENDS. To help
answer your other question, since this will be (presumably) dynamically linked
to your application, you don't need to do anything else because we detect
dynamic links between files within packages and add a runtime dependency
between the packages.

As for generally how to add packages to an image, please see:

http://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#usingpoky-extend-customimage

Cheers,
Paul

--