[oe] [meta-qt5][jansa/qt5-5.2.0] libQt5*.la references OE build directories

Jacob Kroon jacob.kroon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 00:03:49 UTC 2014

On Mon, 13 Jan 2014, Martin Jansa wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 01:58:25AM +0100, Jacob Kroon wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm seeing what I believe is a problem with the *.la files in the Qt5
>> dev-packages.
>> The files references paths in my OE build environment, like so:

>> # Libraries that this one depends upon.
>> dependency_libs='-lQt5Gui
>> -L/home/jkroon/Projects/oe-devel/build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr/lib
>> -lQt5Core -lpthread '
>> # Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
>> libdir='/home/jkroon/Projects/oe-devel/build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr'
>>
>> I noticed this since my Qt5 autotools project wouldn't link properly when
>> using the SDK, unless I first removed all libQt5*.la files.
>>
>> I'm not quite sure where to look for the problem so any pointers would be
>> appreciated.
>
> Probably bad rebase on my side, please compare
>
> mkspecs/features/qt_module.prf in 5.1.1 and 5.2.0
>
> changed in:
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/master/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase-5.1.1/0008-qt_module-Fix-pkgconfig-replacement.patch
> and
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/blob/jansa/qt5-5.2.0/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase/0005-qt_module-Fix-pkgconfig-replacement.patch
>
> Or better in meta-qt5's qtbase repo:
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/qtbase/blob/b5.1.1/mkspecs/features/qt_module.prf
> https://github.com/meta-qt5/qtbase/blob/b5.2.0/mkspecs/features/qt_module.prf

I tried building Qt 5.1.1 from master again, the .la-files do look
better, "libdir" looks correct (taken from libQt5Svg.la):

<snip>
# Directory that this library needs to be installed in:
libdir='/usr/lib'
</snip>

however

<snip>
dependency_libs='-lQt5Gui
-L/home/jkroon/Projects/oe-devel/build/tmp-eglibc/sysroots/wandboard-solo/usr/lib
-lQt5Core -lpthread '
</snip>

Dunno wether this is a problem or not, I never tried building the
project with 5.1.1 using the SDK.

Will hopefully have some time tomorrow to look at the links you sent.

Thanks,

Jacob