[oe] tcpdump: bitbake throws autoconf errors, error message confusing

Robert Yang liezhi.yang at windriver.com
Fri Jul 4 10:14:37 UTC 2014

The error message comes from meta/classes/insane.bbclass:

grep -e 'CROSS COMPILE Badness:' -e 'is unsafe for cross-compilation'

The log you showed didn't contain the words, so that it should not error,
maybe you have to debug in meta/classes/insane.bbclass.

Btw., the meta-oe's tcpdump is 4.3.0, yours is 4.5.1, maybe there are
other differences, for example you have used another insane.bbclass ?
(Just a guess)

// Robert