[oe] defining FEATURE_PACKAGES_* in core-image.bbclass vs image.bbclass

Rudolf Streif rstreif at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Jul 15 00:36:38 UTC 2014

>   is there something special about hwcodecs that suggests it should
> stay in core-image rather than moving to image as well? i'm just
> trying to understand the rationale.

Not necessarily. But I would consider them extended features and they
belong into core-image in my opinion. Not all embedded systems need them.
Many don't have video or audio support. I would even suggest to move splash
to core-image. If a device does not have video there is not reason for a
splash screen.

I consider debug-tweaks, package-management, and readonly-rootfs the basic
image features to be in image.

:rjs