[oe] [yocto][meta-qt5][daisy] Error during bitbake of my image

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré kapare at rogue-research.com
Sat Jun 21 03:35:34 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 08:22:39PM -0400, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:
>> >
>> > Check which packages (if any) were created by qtwebkit recipe, if any
>> > then read log.do_configure for possible clues.
>> >

>> qtwebkit-dbg and qtwebkit-dev is part of deploy rpm not qtwebkit? In
>> pkgdata these only to have ".packaged"
>> http://pastebin.com/0ugj2NVF
>>
>> log.do_configure:
>> http://pastebin.com/cXWdDXmy
>
> The WebKit build was disabled for the following reasons:
>     * ICU is required. To build QtWebKit with Qt 5 you need to build Qt
>      5 with libICU support. Check for ICU support being mentioned in
>      qtbase/config.summary.

Yes you told me that in previous email I when to
layers.openembedded.org to check

icu  53.1 International Component for Unicode libraries   openembedded-core

I add it in PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase and IMAGE_INSTALL I thought
it will be enough?

Obviously, I'm still missing somethink

qtbase/config.summary? you mean qtbase.inc?

I see icu only mention in

poky/meta-qt5$ grep -Ri ICU *
COPYING.MIT:FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN
NO EVENT SHALL THE
licenses/DIGIA-TPLA-2.4:merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, title and
licenses/DIGIA-TPLA-2.4:merchantability, fitness for a particular
purpose, title and
recipes-qt/qt5/qtwebkit.inc:DEPENDS += "qtbase qtdeclarative icu
ruby-native sqlite3 glib-2.0 libxslt"
recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:# be aware that you need to add icu to build
qtwebkit, default
recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:PACKAGECONFIG[icu] = "-icu,-no-icu,icu"
recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase-native.inc:    -no-icu \

My qtbase log.do_configure shows that it have been enable:
http://pastebin.com/g7Lh5cPU

>> What's interesting or maybe not is that dgb and dev have empty rpm
>> created and not the others?
>> log.do_package_write_rpm
>> http://pastebin.com/Cft9Uh3J
>
> -dbg and -dev are configured to create empty package
> ALLOW_EMPTY_<pkgname>

Aa, I'm only seeing it for these:

poky/meta-qt5$ grep -R ALLOW_EMPTY *
recipes-qt/qt5/qtimageformats.inc:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN} = "1"
recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-fonts = "1"

BR,

-KA