[oe] [yocto][meta-qt5][daisy] Error during bitbake of my image

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 07:47:33 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:35:34PM -0400, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 9:05 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> qtwebkit-dbg and qtwebkit-dev is part of deploy rpm not qtwebkit? In
> >> pkgdata these only to have ".packaged"
> >> http://pastebin.com/0ugj2NVF
> >>
> >> log.do_configure:
> >> http://pastebin.com/cXWdDXmy
> >
> > The WebKit build was disabled for the following reasons:
> >     * ICU is required. To build QtWebKit with Qt 5 you need to build Qt
> >      5 with libICU support. Check for ICU support being mentioned in
> >      qtbase/config.summary.
> >

> Yes you told me that in previous email I when to
> layers.openembedded.org to check
>
> icu  53.1 International Component for Unicode libraries   openembedded-core
>
> I add it in PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase and IMAGE_INSTALL I thought
> it will be enough?
>
> Obviously, I'm still missing somethink
>
> qtbase/config.summary? you mean qtbase.inc?

I've just pasted it for you from the log.do_configure you sent me,
please _read_ it.

Check config.summary in qtbase WORKDIR (where you built qtbase to be
sure it was enabled) and check with bitbake -e that it's really in your
PACKAGECONFIG for qtbase.

> I see icu only mention in
>
> poky/meta-qt5$ grep -Ri ICU *
> COPYING.MIT:FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN
> NO EVENT SHALL THE
> licenses/DIGIA-TPLA-2.4:merchantability, fitness for a particular
> purpose, title and
> licenses/DIGIA-TPLA-2.4:merchantability, fitness for a particular
> purpose, title and
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtwebkit.inc:DEPENDS += "qtbase qtdeclarative icu
> ruby-native sqlite3 glib-2.0 libxslt"
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:# be aware that you need to add icu to build
> qtwebkit, default
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:PACKAGECONFIG[icu] = "-icu,-no-icu,icu"
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase-native.inc:    -no-icu \
>
> My qtbase log.do_configure shows that it have been enable:
> http://pastebin.com/g7Lh5cPU
>
> >> What's interesting or maybe not is that dgb and dev have empty rpm
> >> created and not the others?
> >> log.do_package_write_rpm
> >> http://pastebin.com/Cft9Uh3J
> >
> > -dbg and -dev are configured to create empty package
> > ALLOW_EMPTY_<pkgname>
> >

> Aa, I'm only seeing it for these:
>
> poky/meta-qt5$ grep -R ALLOW_EMPTY *
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtimageformats.inc:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN} = "1"
> recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase.inc:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-fonts = "1"

meta/conf/bitbake.conf:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dev = "1"
meta/conf/bitbake.conf:ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dbg = "1"
meta/conf/documentation.conf:ALLOW_EMPTY[doc] = "Specifies if an output
package should still be produced if it is empty."

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com