[oe] initramfs only supported in x86?

Adam Lee adam.yh.lee at gmail.com
Thu May 15 22:58:13 UTC 2014

Hi Nicolas, thanks for your response. I built core-image-minimal in
cpio, but the size is whopping 69MB. It will take a couple seconds
just to load the image into the memory, which defeats the purpose of
using the ramdisk to boot. After watching 300 ms from reset-to-shell
boot video [1] using 1.5MB large kernel + rootfs combined, the size of
the core-image-minimal feels gargantuan and my boot time of ~7 seconds
feels like an eternity. That said, my goal is to reduce the boot time
through optimization of the current image. Writing custom boot loader
or severely crippling the rootfs is out of scope. So I thought the
tested and proven core-image-minimal-initramfs would be a great start.

Adam

[1] http://www.makelinux.com/emb/fastboot/omap