[oe] how to create a new layer

Richard Cagley rcagley at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:58:07 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 1:31 PM, Philip Balister <philip at balister.org> wrote:
> On 05/21/2014 04:05 PM, Richard Cagley wrote:
>> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 12:26 PM, Robert Calhoun
>> <rcalhoun at shotspotter.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> On 5/21/14 2:26 PM, "Richard Cagley" <rcagley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>> 2.) Do I need to change the machine name? If so, how to I inherit
>> zedboard-zynq7?
>
> Make a conf/machine/me.conf.
>
> You can use one of the zynq machines as a starting point.
>
> You'll need a conf/layer.conf also.

1.) copied meta-xilinx/conf/machine/zedboard-zynq7.conf to
meta-me/conf/machine/me.conf
2.) changed MACHINE in my build/conf/local.conf to "me"
3.) copied meta-xilinx/conf/layer.conf to meta-me/conf/layer.conf

Now:
1.) in layer.conf should I change "xilinx" to "me"?
2.) What about the new machine file me.conf? Do I need to edit it or
by not editing it does it just inherit everything from the other meta
layer?