[oe] php: museum.php.net is broken - change recipe SRC_URI?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 5 13:32:08 UTC 2014

On Wednesday 05 November 2014 13:20:48 Bryan Evenson wrote:
> There hasn't been any follow-up on this thread for a couple days.  I'd like
> to know if there would be an acceptable solution for this issue.  I'd
> propose changing the SRC_URI for php-5.4.14 to
> http://git.php.net/?p=web/php-distributions.git;a=blob;f=php-5.4.14.tar.bz2
> ;h=0d950f179d586bb1d0e879e0d4aa3a5140e8d5f5;hb=3dd2f12609fc8a730d7cf341a932f
> 6c7b241f03c, which will directly pull only the tarball we need directly from
> the PHP Git repository.  I believe it's the only path that would be
> guaranteed to work long term.

Presumably if we did that we will need to keep updating the hash as well
though?

Looking at the bug there are at least two mirrors mentioned, although those
may not be reliable on a permanent basis there should be others (e.g. distros
often provide copies of the upstream sources they use). We could leave the
museum.php.net URL in place since it does appear it will eventually return,
and add MIRRORS values to cover the situation while it's unavailable.

Does this sound like a workable plan?

Cheers,
Paul

--