[oe] [meta-java] Trying to update openjdk-7 to icedtea 2.5.4 and jdk75b13

Sven Ebenfeld sven.ebenfeld at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 15:19:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm currently trying to update openjdk-7 to the current icedtea-release.
I'm getting as far as to the compile step which fails during a run of rmic.
In difference to earlier builds, it tries to run the just compiled
rmic java-classes.

The bootstrap jdk6 complains about incompatible class version.
"Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
sun/rmi/rmic/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0"

That is correct as the build process compiles these classes with
"-source 7" and "-target 7".
Currently I don't really know how to fix this problem. Atm I guess I
would need to add a jdk6 bootstrap version of rmic. Can anyone give me
a hint how to fix this problem?

If someone wants to have a look at my work and try themselves, I've
quickly posted it to github:
https://github.com/esven/meta-java/tree/jdk_update/

(Just the last one dirty commit)

Cheers,