[oe] meta-java - recent commits break foreign (MY!) builds ...

Richard Leitner richard.leitner at skidata.com
Fri Aug 28 06:59:00 UTC 2015

On 08/27/2015 03:28 PM, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> Yes, we need to fix it and to be honest I personally would kill
> openjdk 7 once 8 is ready.

I think we should keep (and UPDATE!) openjdk 6 & 7 as long as they get
support from RedHat and therefore IcedTea. There may be users relying on
the old java version for their long-term-supported products (so do we)!

IMHO we should start with openjdk 6: remove the old versions and add the
latest (1.13.8)!

What do you think? Any comments?

regards,
Richard L