[oe] [meta-qt5] GStreamer-1.0 path breaking 0.1 support‏

Gerhard de Clercq gerharddeclercq at outlook.com
Sat Dec 5 07:49:28 UTC 2015

I guess I'm the only one still stuck on 0.1 but I'll try to send in a patch for whoever also comes to need this. I would appreciate some advice with regards to how I should submit a patch because this is in fact a patch on a patch file which is something quite strange if you ask me.

I tried to modify the actual patch file manually but that did not go to well. I ended up just applying the current patch to a clean repo clone, copying my modified files to it and then just saving "git diff" to a file to create a newer version of that patch. This does not generate a nice header block like the old patch file had but it does seem to work. Is the header important and if so, how should I generate it?

One I have this new patch, should I simply replace contents of the old file with the new one's and run "git send-email". That would seem normal but with this being a patch on a patch file it will look like a complete mess considering the new one is not even really derived from the old one.