[oe] [meta-networking] crda-1.1.3 broken in dylan, dora, daisy and dizzy

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Fri Jan 30 17:23:55 UTC 2015

On Friday 30 January 2015 16:51:22 Viguera, Javier wrote:
> Seems that CRDA maintainers did some changes that broke the fetch of the
> package for all those releases.
>
> These are the URIs in the package recipe:
>
> http://wireless.kernel.org/download/crda/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2
> http://wireless.kernel.org/download/wireless-regdb/regulatory.bins/2013.01.1
> 1-regulatory.bin
>
> The correct ones are:
>
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/crda/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2
> https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/network/wireless-regdb/wireless-regdb-20
> 13.01.11.tar.bz2
>
> Notice that they not only changed the address but also now the regulatory
> binary is packed in a tarball.
>
> So at this point there are two options here:
>
> 1. Rework the recipe with the new locations, checksums and adapting the
> 'do_install' to copy the regulatory binary from a different directory. This
> has to be done for all the releases in the subject.
>
> 2. Just put the 'crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2' and '2013.01.11-regulatory.bin' in the
> openembedded mirror and let all the old releases work without changes in
> the recipes.
>
> My preference is number 2, along with an upgrade of the package to the new
> version 3.13 for the not-yet-released 'master' branch (there is currently a
> patch for that in the mailing list).

I agree, #2 is the best option to take care of the older branches.

Tom, can you please fetch the following files and add them to the OE source
mirror:

  http://distfiles.lesslinux.org/crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2
  http://distfiles.lesslinux.org/2013.01.11-regulatory.bin

I've verified the md5sums match the recipe:

  29579185e06a75675507527243d28e5c  crda-1.1.3.tar.bz2
  e0c8a5ca63fb8bf803213f9a0c90b50b  2013.01.11-regulatory.bin

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton