[oe] klibc_2.0.4.bb crashes

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 14:51:08 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 4:16 AM, matti kaasinen
<matti.kaasinen at gmail.com> wrote:

> klibc_2.0.4.bb recipe linking crashes with following error messages.
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld: error:
> .../sysroots/am335x-evm/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/libgcc.a(bpabi.o)
> uses VFP register arguments, usr/klibc/libc.so does not
> arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-ld: failed to merge target specific data of file
> .../sysroots/am335x-evm/usr/lib/arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/4.9.2/libgcc.a(bpabi.o)
>
> I'm checked out fido branch of meta-openembedded.

It means that TOOLCHAIN_OPTIONS is not passed via CFLAGS when building
klibc, we have a diversion
in expectation where we do not configure toolchain to hardfp unless we
specify it via cmdline to compiler. Once you
fix that, next thing might be that klibc is not good with hardfp
itself which could be a bigger problem.