[oe] opkg_install_pkg: Package <name> md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt.

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Fri May 1 16:06:02 UTC 2015

Hi,

Has anyone ever seen this message during <image>.do_rootfs task?

Collected errors:
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package <package> md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package <package>.

We started seeing it on random packages inside the <image> few weeks ago on
different machines. At the time we had switched to bitbake 1.26. But even
trying different bitbake versions still occasionally caused the same error, so
the culprit is still unknwon. Using oe-core/daisy for now.

Any comments or suggestions to where start looking would be appreciated!
Thanks.

--
Denys