[oe] [OE-core] opkg_install_pkg: Package <name> md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt.

Andrea Adami andrea.adami at gmail.com
Sat May 2 21:55:26 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Denys Dmytriyenko <denis at denix.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone ever seen this message during <image>.do_rootfs task?
>
> Collected errors:
>  * opkg_install_pkg: Package <package> md5sum mismatch. Either the opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
>  * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package <package>.
>
> We started seeing it on random packages inside the <image> few weeks ago on
> different machines. At the time we had switched to bitbake 1.26. But even
> trying different bitbake versions still occasionally caused the same error, so
> the culprit is still unknwon. Using oe-core/daisy for now.
>
> Any comments or suggestions to where start looking would be appreciated!
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Denys
> --

Hi,
yes, I have seen this during multimachine builds.
My TMPDIR is on tmpfs in ram so everytime I reboot it is re-populated
from sstate.

Configuring packagegroup-base.
Collected errors:
  * opkg_install_pkg: Package update-rc.d md5sum mismatch. Either the
opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package psplash.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package update-rc.d md5sum mismatch. Either the
opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-base-extended.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package run-postinsts md5sum mismatch. Either the
opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package run-postinsts.
 * opkg_install_pkg: Package update-rc.d md5sum mismatch. Either the
opkg or the package index are corrupt. Try 'opkg update'.
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package packagegroup-core-boot.
ERROR: Function failed: do_rootfs

I retried right now after reboot (clean tmpdir) but this time it didn't happen.
Once/if I find the way to reproduce it I'll open a bug.

Cheers

Andrea