[oe] Odroid-xu3 support

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:02:59 UTC 2015

Hi,
On 08.05.2015 02:41, Trevor Woerner wrote:
> On 15-05-07 02:56 AM, Christian Ege wrote:
>>  From the ODROID family I do only own a ODROID-C1. If there will be a
>> combined Layer for all odroid devices I will  port my recipes to this
>> and can help on supporting it.
>> I am mostly interested in Multimedia stuff and I do plan to setup a
>> separate layer for Kodi/XBMC on amlogic based devices.
>>
>> So how should we proceed with the layer jungle?
>
> Ideally meta-amlogic provides things specific to the chip itself (vendor
> kernel? vendor u-boot?) and meta-odroid contains things related to the
> various boards themselves (tweaks specific to each board).
This would be in an ideal world. In the real world each vendor like
hardkernel or wetek is maintaining their own kernel tree derived from
Amlogic.

Amlogic itself maintains a buildroot based BSP for their
boards. My Idea was at least merging u-Boot and Kernel of both vendors
into one tree.

> Maybe the beaglebone provides a good example to follow? (meta-ti,
> meta-beagleboard) Although I'm not sure how clean the separation is in
> those layers.

Yes this is the way to go, the manufacturer maintains its own layer. I
can try to get in contact with Amlogic if they are interested in
creating such a layer or at least supporting it.

regards,
Christian