[oe] ODROID-C1 support

Christian Ege k4230r6 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:55:33 UTC 2015

Hi Trevor,
> Hi Christian,
>
> On 05/05/15 11:40, Christian Ege wrote:
>> I've created a BSP Layer for the ODROID-C1 and other Amlogic based
>> devices like the Wetek.Play
>>
>> https://github.com/linux-meson/meta-amlogic
>
> Thanks! I've been playing with your layer. For the most part it's going
> well. I've noticed a small glitch, however, and I'm not 100% sure how to
> fix it (otherwise I would have just sent you a github pull request).
Maybe the easiest Part would be not to bbappend initscripts and just add
an own reecipe for amlsetfb. Within this recipe I can use
COMPATIBLE_MACHINE.

I guess if I am using  COMPATIBLE_MACHINE in the
initscripts_1.%.bbappend will cause to not build initscripts for any
other machine. :)

> If I have your layer added to the BBLAYERS mix but I'm _not_ building
> for "odroidc1" (or "wetekplay", I assume) then I get an error because
> the build system can't find the amlsetfb.sh file. You have two
> "amlsetfb.sh" files, one for the odroidc1 and one for the wetekplay
> which you've added to recipes-core/initscripts/odroidc1 and
> recipes-core/initscripts/wetekplay. If the MACHINE is odroidc1 then the
> recipes-core/initscripts/odroidc1/amsetfb.sh file is found, otherwise it
> is not.
>
> I can work around this issue by adding a MACHINE-specific override to
> your initscripts_1.%.bbappend:
>
> -SRC_URI_append = " file://amlsetfb.sh \
> +SRC_URI_append_odroidc1 = " file://amlsetfb.sh \
>
> but I'm guessing another override would be required for the wetekplay as
> well.
>
> Why would someone include your layer and not build for odroidc1 or
> wetekplay? Sometimes that's what people do ;-) (look at Angstrom, for
> example). Besides, a BSP layer should be able to play nicely with other
> layers even when its machines aren't being used :-)

Yes I know people do strange things :)

Regards,
Christian