[oe] ODROID-C1 support

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat May 23 00:30:50 UTC 2015

> On May 22, 2015, at 4:15 PM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 05/21/15 17:18, Khem Raj wrote:
>>> On May 21, 2015, at 11:26 AM, Trevor Woerner <twoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>

>>> Why would someone include your layer and not build for odroidc1 or
>>> wetekplay? Sometimes that's what people do ;-) (look at Angstrom, for
>>> example). Besides, a BSP layer should be able to play nicely with other
>>> layers even when its machines aren't being used :-)
>> This is very much desirable, in todays times. In angstrom e.g. we want to generalize feeds across
>> many machines for arm especially, so we can share common feeds across multiple armv7a machines
>> so BSP maintainers have to start thinking that their BSP layer will be put along with other BSP layers
>> and they not change common components mindlessly to fit for just one given machine.
>>
>> secondly more and more end users especially big companies have more than 1 machine tied into their useless
>> so its desirable for them to use one distro across all the product lines and hence a requirement to have
>> BSP layers play well with each others.
>
> Shouldn't this be true of distro layers as well?

May be but its not a practical requirement.
Remember OE is a framework to build embedded Linux distributions, we can have multiple machines
supported for a given OE based distribution so thats a usual case, distribution is the global set of policies
under which your build then works. Now if you have two distribution layers then they may impose certain policies
that may be in conflict.