[oe] checking if a patch was approved

Otavio Salvador otavio.salvador at ossystems.com.br
Tue Oct 27 10:47:19 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:40 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
<mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
> On 10/27/2015 08:12 AM, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
>> <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
>>>
>>> I saw many patch passing by and I submitted a couple about
>>> meta-toolchain-qt5.
>>> I didn't see any message from Otavio or Martin "approving" a patches.
>>>
>>> How can I check if it was approved other than pulling from the
>>> repo/checking
>>> github?
>>>
>>> Or if there is no place to check... consider this a ping ;)
>

>> all commits are published on
>> openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org mailing list, and in
>

> thanks, actually my commit was for meta-qt5.
> But still I haven't seen any feedback on this mailing list to guess if the
> commit was actually approved or not.
>
> I haven't seen any "approval" feedback even for other commits. Maybe because
> the patches submitted were coming from known developers and the assumption
> is that if there is no request to fix something the patches are going to be
> queued to be committed by default.
>
> I'm really not asking for any special attention, I just would like to know
> what I've to expect and check if I did the right thing and if I've to do
> anything else to see my patch committed.
>
> Martin Jansa actually noticed a first revision of my patch and gave some
> feedback to fix stuff and things have been fixed (hopefully) and I submitted
> a second release.

This is indeed a common issue and there are different answers for it.

For the layers I am actively acting as commited (meta-fsl-*,
meta-java, meta-browser) I send the email when I do merges. For
meta-qt5 Martin merges the patches for test in the -next branches. If
it is inside it, it is a good chance of it being applied in next
merge, or feedback will be given.