[oe] checking if a patch was approved

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Tue Oct 27 10:40:58 UTC 2015

On 10/27/2015 08:12 AM, Nicolas Dechesne wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 12:12 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
> <mail at webthatworks.it> wrote:
>> I saw many patch passing by and I submitted a couple about
>> meta-toolchain-qt5.
>> I didn't see any message from Otavio or Martin "approving" a patches.
>>
>> How can I check if it was approved other than pulling from the repo/checking
>> github?
>>
>> Or if there is no place to check... consider this a ping ;)

> all commits are published on
> openembedded-commits at lists.openembedded.org mailing list, and in

thanks, actually my commit was for meta-qt5.
But still I haven't seen any feedback on this mailing list to guess if
the commit was actually approved or not.

I haven't seen any "approval" feedback even for other commits. Maybe
because the patches submitted were coming from known developers and the
assumption is that if there is no request to fix something the patches
are going to be queued to be committed by default.

I'm really not asking for any special attention, I just would like to
know what I've to expect and check if I did the right thing and if I've
to do anything else to see my patch committed.

Martin Jansa actually noticed a first revision of my patch and gave some
feedback to fix stuff and things have been fixed (hopefully) and I
submitted a second release.

thanks

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo