[oe] [meta-qt5] qtbluetooth not building against bluez

michael at losert.org michael at losert.org
Tue Oct 27 10:51:44 UTC 2015

I'm using qtbluetooth (qtconnectivity_git.bb) and noticed that it builds
some kind of empty dummy library.
I then tried building in verbose mode: "bitbake -v qtconnectivity" and
got the following message in the log:
"Unsupported Bluetooth platform, will not build a working QtBluetooth
library.
Either no Qt D-Bus found or no BlueZ headers."

My solution was to add
   EXTRA_QMAKEVARS_PRE += "CONFIG+=config_bluez"
   recipes-qt/qt5/qtconnectivity_git.bb

after that it worked as expected.
I'm unsure if it's the right thing to do though.

I'm working with yocto 1.8 fido but also checked the master branch which
doesn't seem to have anything changed related to qtconnectivity.