[oe] [meta-qt5] qtbluetooth not building against bluez

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:56:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 11:51:44AM +0100, michael at losert.org wrote:
> I'm using qtbluetooth (qtconnectivity_git.bb) and noticed that it builds
> some kind of empty dummy library.
> I then tried building in verbose mode: "bitbake -v qtconnectivity" and
> got the following message in the log:
> "Unsupported Bluetooth platform, will not build a working QtBluetooth
> library.
> Either no Qt D-Bus found or no BlueZ headers."
>
> My solution was to add
>    EXTRA_QMAKEVARS_PRE += "CONFIG+=config_bluez"
>    recipes-qt/qt5/qtconnectivity_git.bb

Someone else send patch for this:
http://patchwork.openembedded.org/patch/105501/

I've asked him to resend with proper commit message, author and SOB, but
haven't seen v2.

But there is also first line in this do_configure_prepend, which should
take care of respecting PACKAGECONFIG values, we should check why it
doesn't work anymore and fix the root-cause instead of reintroducing

EXTRA_QMAKEVARS_PRE += "${@base_contains('PACKAGECONFIG', 'bluez4', 'CONFIG+=OE_BLUEZ_ENABLED', '', d)}"

do_configure_prepend() {
    export QMAKE_CACHE_EVAL="CONFIG+=${EXTRA_OECONF}"
    # disable bluez test if it isn't enabled by PACKAGECONFIG
    sed -i 's/^qtCompileTest(bluez)/OE_BLUEZ_ENABLED:qtCompileTest(bluez)/g' ${S}/qtconnectivity.pro
}

Can you please look into that?