[oe] chromium 40, gcc 5.3, and OE master problems

Carlos Rafael Giani dv at pseudoterminal.org
Wed Apr 27 14:00:50 UTC 2016

Recently I did a build of chromium 40 with the current OE-core & meta-oe
master, which means it was built with GCC 5.3.
Chromium was always crashing, the origin of the segmentation fault was
somewhere deep inside the GCC std::map implementation.
I added GCCVERSION = "4.9%" to local.conf, rebuilt the image, and
chromium worked.

Did anybody else observe the same? I built it for the nitrogen6x
platform (imx6 SoC). I did not yet try it in QEMU.

Also, I have factored code out of the chromium .bb file into a
chromium-browser.inc file. This way, the existing chromium.inc remains
usable for cef3, and Chromium upgrades become easier.
(I will upgrade Chromium in a followup commit.)
Since the GCC issue is clearly something separate, I do not think this
recipe cleanup should be blocked by it. So I will soon post the recipe
upgrade here, and the GCC issue should be discussed in parallel.