[oe] [meta-qt5] commit breaks all other qtbase branches but dev

Richard Pannek richard.pannek at pelagicore.com
Fri Aug 5 13:58:02 UTC 2016

Hi,

We are using the 5.6 branch of qtbase and are following the krogoth
branch of meta-qt5. Today our biulds stopped working, I checked what
happened and it told me that the md5sums for the license files didn't
match anymore. I checked the commits in meta-qt5 krogoth branch and
found this commit
https://github.com/meta-qt5/meta-qt5/commit/c110de233f0fd56e60b2be996dece64147c332e0
which changes all the md5sums for many recipies. In the commit message
it points to the commit 4343c4e731c3268614fc79c9c42b4e5e4d59d7e6 of
qtbase, which changes those license files.

I checked in which branches this commit exists, and it does only in
the dev branch, but not in the 5.6 branch which we are using. I pinned
my build to the commit before so wi could build again for now.

But I have a question, is this expected behavior or is it a bug? How
do other people handle this, who don't use the dev branch?

/Richard

Richard Pannek
tel:+46723948758