[oe] [meta-maker] Octoprint on Intel Edison (yocto dizzy): failed python-flask RDEPENDS

Vincent Rubiolo vincent.libre at cryostase.eu
Fri Dec 30 06:14:28 UTC 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to include the meta-maker layer to enable octoprint on the
Intel Edison. I am using the Yocto project drop that Intel provides[1]
and successfully built it (with a reduced set of packages, I am
interested only in the bits necessary to enable Octoprint).

Intel drop appears to be based on the yocto daisy branch (bitbake
reports so during a build + I diffed the meta-openembedded daisy git
tree against the Intel drop). I have thus checked out that branch of
meta-maker and added it under my poky subdirectory + added it to
bblayers.conf.

The problem I have is that the build fails because of a missing RDEPENDS:
+++
$ bitbake octoprint -c fetchall
WARNING: Host distribution "Fedora-23" has not been validated with this
version of the build system; you may possibly experience unexpected
failures. It is recommended that you use a tested distribution.
|####################################################################|
ETA:  00:00:00
Loaded 2170 entries from dependency cache.
NOTE: Resolving any missing task queue dependencies
NOTE: multiple providers are available for python-distribute-native
(python-distribute-native, python-setuptools-native)
NOTE: consider defining a PREFERRED_PROVIDER entry to match
python-distribute-native
ERROR: Nothing RPROVIDES 'python-flask' (but
/yocto/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/../poky/meta-openembedded/meta-maker/recipes-webui/octoprint/octoprint_git.bb
RDEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
NOTE: Runtime target 'python-flask' is unbuildable, removing...
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['python-flask']
ERROR: Required build target 'octoprint' has no buildable providers.
Missing or unbuildable dependency chain was: ['octoprint', 'python-flask']

+++

In the meta-maker and meta-openembedded trees dizzy branches, I see no
python-flask recipe/package. It looks to me the patch for octoprint
1.2.10 has been merged into the meta-maker dizzy branch with the
RDEPENDS list still matching that of the newest meta-openembedded (but I
might be wrong).

Is my analysis correct? If so, is there a way to know which RDEPEND I
should use for octoprint in the dizzy branch to match the
meta-openembedded one?

Another possibility could be to use the meta-intel-edison from the yocto
project git repo[2] with meta-openembedded & meta-maker on master but I
have yet to try that.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Vincent

[1]
http://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip
[2] http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-intel-edison/

To reproduce:
get
http://iotdk.intel.com/src/3.5/edison/iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606.zip
and unzip
cd iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/meta-openembedded
git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/meta-maker -b dizzy
add meta-maker layer to
iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/build_edison/conf/bblayers.conf
cd iot-devkit-yp-poky-edison-20160606/poky/
source oe-init-build-env ../build_edison/
bitbake octoprint -c fetchall