[oe] mplayer2 : focus deficiency?

Belal, Awais Awais_Belal at mentor.com
Mon Feb 22 08:51:44 UTC 2016

Hi Gary,

Anything here?

BR,
Awais

From: openembedded-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org [openembedded-devel-bounces at lists.openembedded.org] on behalf of Gary Thomas []
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:54 PM
To: openembedded-devel at lists.openembedded.org
Subject: Re: [oe] mplayer2 : focus deficiency?

On 2016-02-10 12:02, Belal, Awais wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The version of mplayer2 available in meta-oe is almost 2.5 years old while there seems to be active development around it. Is there a reason OE never moved to a newer version?
>
> The mplayer team officially releases tarballs from its website https://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/dload.html while they also provide svn access through svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk. I believe it would be a good idea to move to one of these sources (I would prefer tar downloads myself) and use a newer more robust (probably) version of mplayer2.

I didn't think to look anywhere other than their git tree which seems
to be abandoned (the version we are using is the latest out there)

> I will be working on a new recipe to cater this if there are no objections but I would really like to have some feedback before I do so.

I've been trying to fix up what we have now that OE-core has
abandoned libav, replacing it with a newer ffmpeg.  Maybe I'll
give this a go myself if you'd like to wait a short while (perhaps
by tomorrow)?