[oe] meta-java Workflow

Jens Rehsack rehsack at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 18:03:51 UTC 2016

Hi,

to avoid such a problem as it occurred with ec7b984f, 04d5d0bf and dfb21b44, I strongly suggest that meta-java follows the merge-workflow from other meta-layers:

cherry-pick new stuff into master-next, when settled - merge to master
Branch releases as other layers do and same, push back-ported patches into ${rel_branch}-next and merge the behaving ones into ${rel_branch}.

The current way - pushing to master and live only there result in the happened revert - and to continue my work I would have to revert the reverts without any nice word in the commit message as I did in reverting 24b98ac3 with a88718b6.

Cheers
Jens Rehsack - rehsack at gmail.com