[oe] [meta-oe] [jethro] Additional version supported in stable branch

Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun rebecca.swee.fun.chang at intel.com
Wed Mar 9 03:22:47 UTC 2016

Dear maintainers,

I would like to collect inputs from all of you whether is it possible to have 2 versions of libvpx supported in Jethro branch.

I have recently submitted libvpx v1.5 upgrade to master branch. I do understand that stable branch is mainly used for security updates/fixes.
So this is why I'm proposing to support 2 versions instead of upgrading in Jethro.

The reason behind is, we are enabling video decode/encode feature to customers but our target BSP components are still based on Jethro.

Please let me know your concern whether this is feasible. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Rebecca