[oe] [meta-oe] [jethro] Additional version supported in stable branch

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 04:08:31 UTC 2016

On Mar 9, 2016 10:22 AM, "Chang, Rebecca Swee Fun" <
rebecca.swee.fun.chang at intel.com> wrote:

> Dear maintainers,
>
> I would like to collect inputs from all of you whether is it possible to
have 2 versions of libvpx supported in Jethro branch.

Not sure about release branch but for master it is ok if its a good case.
You can Mark the new recipe with lower preference than the stable one
> I have recently submitted libvpx v1.5 upgrade to master branch. I do
understand that stable branch is mainly used for security updates/fixes.
> So this is why I'm proposing to support 2 versions instead of upgrading
in Jethro.

> The reason behind is, we are enabling video decode/encode feature to
customers but our target BSP components are still based on Jethro.