[oe] [meta-java] openjre-8 arm JIT jvm

Dean dean at ripperd.com
Tue Nov 8 02:55:47 UTC 2016

Does anyone have this working? The default recipe for ARM architecture
only builds a zero jvm that runs in interpreted mode. Naturally this is
very slow on a slowish ARM processor. I have an application that makes
heavy use of Java and need to upgrade from OpenJDK 7 to 8 as we are
having some trouble with PKCS11/JCE in OpenJDK 7.

I did see that Jens had committed OpenJRE-8 with an option to enable
shark and JIT via LLVM but when asked Jens indicated it was abandoned. I
got it building but it crashes on startup.

Anyone else doing this and have any leads, pointers, or recipes for
OpenJDK 8?

Thanks,

Dean