[oe] meta-openembedded patchwork git hook

Tom Rini trini at konsulko.com
Tue Nov 29 20:43:27 UTC 2016

On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 06:52:46AM +1300, Paul Eggleton wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Martin just brought to my attention that the git hook for the
> meta-openembedded repository that's supposed to update patchwork still isn't
> working and hasn't done so for a very long time. I thought we'd fixed this so
> that merged patches get marked as "Accepted", but at least for meta-
> openembedded it seems like that's not the case.
>
> Jose / Michael - can you look into this if you haven't already? Please let me
> know if you need any help.

Since I brought this up on IRC, I wanted to chime in here.  First, if
you want to use top-of-tree patchwork you'll also want to grab
https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/stephenfin/post-receive%20fixes/
(and fwiw, I also have been setting the DJANGO part to 'dev' rather than
production for my use-case).  Second, I think part of the problem is
that there are just some cases where the hashing fails, which for me is
around 10% of the time.  Depending on how much one uses bundles and
tracks what ends up being committed this may or may not be a problem.
And I'm sure upstream patchwork would appreciate any changes to improve
hashing success :)

--
Tom