[oe] meta-openembedded patchwork git hook

Jose Lamego jose.a.lamego at linux.intel.com
Tue Nov 29 22:34:42 UTC 2016

On 11/29/2016 02:43 PM, Tom Rini wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 30, 2016 at 06:52:46AM +1300, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Martin just brought to my attention that the git hook for the
>> meta-openembedded repository that's supposed to update patchwork still isn't
>> working and hasn't done so for a very long time. I thought we'd fixed this so
>> that merged patches get marked as "Accepted", but at least for meta-
>> openembedded it seems like that's not the case.
>>
>> Jose / Michael - can you look into this if you haven't already? Please let me
>> know if you need any help.

The git hook was configured to update OE-core only, Michael will help us
to include meta-openembedded.

> Since I brought this up on IRC, I wanted to chime in here.  First, if
> you want to use top-of-tree patchwork you'll also want to grab
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/bundle/stephenfin/post-receive%20fixes/

Hi Tom, nice meeting you. OE-Patchwork is using a fork in [1] from
freedesktop.org's patchwork at [2]. I will look at the hook fixes you
mentioned at the first chance, thanks for the tip.

> (and fwiw, I also have been setting the DJANGO part to 'dev' rather than
> production for my use-case).  Second, I think part of the problem is
> that there are just some cases where the hashing fails, which for me is
> around 10% of the time.  Depending on how much one uses bundles and
> tracks what ends up being committed this may or may not be a problem.
> And I'm sure upstream patchwork would appreciate any changes to improve
> hashing success :)

Regards
Jose

--
Jose Lamego | OTC Embedded Platforms & Tools | GDC