[oe] [OE-core] State of bitbake world, Failed tasks 2017-08-09

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 11 18:16:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 07:58:36PM +0200, Andreas Müller wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 6:45 PM, Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > firefox and mariadb fail like this only since conf/distro/include/security_flags.inc was included
> >
> > qtbase fails because of ptest addition as reported on ML
> >
> >> Kodi patch to use std::string was sent. mongodb needs something similar.
> >
> > The kodi patch from Andreas was already included in this build. Yours
> > kodi patch looks similar, but not backported from upstream.
> >
> > see:
> I checked the log and don't understand what happened: kodi on qemux86
> failed exactly with the error message I saw before fixing. Since the
> other qemus did not fail: are you sure my patch did not come in while
> build was already running?

Yes, that's possible (like for squid, maybe qtbase as well).

The problem is that qemux86 and qemux86-64 run on one builder, qemuarm
on another. Each build takes around 25-26 hours (depending on kind of
changes which were introduced since last time, almost any oe-core
upgrade means build from scratch, if I update just pending patches in
meta-oe/master-next, then it's 2-5 hours).

And this report is generated based on the state of qemuarm build.

So quite often I start all 3 at the same time, then some interesting
changes came in later, so qemux86-64 build picks them and because I know
it will take quite long time I re-trigger the qemuarm build to finish in
parallel (so qemux86 usually ends being the "oldest"). But to provide at
least some feedback I don't re-trigger another qemux86 build, because
that would add another day till the report is complete.

No of course another round is already running, hopefully I'll ignore the
temptation to add more changes to it while it's running and do something
better with my life - more consitent report should be available
tomorrow.

Regards,

Martin 'JaMa' Jansa     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com