[oe] Splitting meta-oe?

Andreas Müller schnitzeltony at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:24:09 UTC 2017

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:
> The recent storm of breakage in meta-oe caused by recipe specific sysroots
> was quite dramatic:
>
> ross at flashheart ~/Yocto/meta-oe ((044e518...))
> $ git grep PNBLACKLIST| wc -l
> 320
>
> Is it time to talk about splitting meta-oe into smaller real repositories
> so they can be maintained at their own pace by more maintainers?
>
> Ross
What exactly gets better by splitting?

Splitting = Rotting to death due to unmanageable maintenance burden
caused by oe? Don't misunderstand me recipe specific sysroot is
basically a good thing. But I am tired of this game. As you can see in
meta-qt5-extra: I am interested in having cool images not in a cool
build system. Long live core-image-sato!

Andreas