[oe] [meta-browser] CFT: Chromium 62 in meta-browser

Kubo Da Costa, Raphael raphael.kubo.da.costa at intel.com
Wed Nov 15 17:49:44 UTC 2017

On Wed, 2017-11-15 at 18:41 +0100, Martin Jansa wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 06:08:49PM +0100, Raphael Kubo da Costa
> wrote:
> > Thanks for testing!
> >
> > Martin Jansa <martin.jansa at gmail.com> writes:
> > > Thanks for very good changes.
> > >
> > > Yesterday I've tried to build this on "bitbake world" servers and
> > > the build
> > > for qemuarm64 failed with:
> >
> > [...]
> > > longer log in http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Details/15889
> > > 8/
> >
> > [...]
> > > I know what linking needs *a lot* of memory, but this server has
> > > 219GB
> > > available and "only" 128GB from it can be taken by tmpfs, so
> > > there should
> > > be still plenty RAM for successful linkage.
> >
> > It had been a while since I'd last done an aarch64 build. I
> > launched one
> > here and linking failed with relocation errors. I've pushed 4e5abf8
> > ("chromium: Apply -g -> -g1 workaround for aarch64 as well"), which
> > is
> > the same workaround I've been applying for other architectures, and
> > everything went fine.
>
> With the latest version from you (62.0.3202.94) I also got relocation
> errors instead of the out-of-memory one, see:
>
> http://errors.yoctoproject.org/Errors/Build/48426/
>
> I'm trying now with g1 as you suggested.

.94 is still under review on GitHub, but it's what I tested
nonetheless. The relocation error shouldn't happen anymore, please make
sure that commit I mentioned is included in your tests.

> (in the meantime we might blacklist it for musl that people don't
> wait for the build to fail).

Sounds like a plan to me, just let me know if you'd like to do that
yourself, otherwise I'll get around to it tomorrow.