[oe] [meta-browser] CFT: Chromium 62 in meta-browser

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:34:32 UTC 2017

>> As for musl: like I said in my original email and on GitHub, the musl
>> build is currently broken. Carrying tons of patches in the recipe is an
>> uphill battle, so unless someone takes the time to work with upstream I
>> don't think it makes much sense to try to keep the build working.

musl is relatively newer and support for various components may not be upstream
but it is getting there. There is no alternative than to carry patches
as of now.
and keep forward porting them as the versions advance. We may never get all
of them upstreamed as is the case with many other large packages.

> OK, fair enough, maybe Khem will again chime in and fix it for musl (in
> the meantime we might blacklist it for musl that people don't wait for
> the build to fail).

The patches needs to be redone mostly. Its ok to blacklist it from now.
I wish someone besides me would have cared too.